Call for Papers: Vol. 25 Issue No. 2
Fiction and Drama is published by the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature at National Cheng Kung University. Launched in 1989, Fiction and Drama is devoted to studies of both fiction and drama genres in international and Taiwan literatures, soliciting papers of contextual, thematic, and theoretical researches on these genres; book reviews of recent publications on the related fields are also welcomed. For archives of the journal, check the homepage of Chinese Electronic Periodicals Service (www.ceps.com.tw) and search the database with Fiction and Drama as keywords. Fiction and Drama adopts the double-blind review system and is published biannually, generally in the middle and the end of a year. Submitted papers are generally evaluated by two anonymous reviewers. Please direct your submission to
The Editorial Board, Fiction and Drama
Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, National Cheng Kung University
No. 1, University Road, Tainan City 70101
A paper will be put into the review process RIGHT AFTER it is received. In general, contributors will know the outcome of their submissions within four months. For the issue, it is advised that the paper be submitted before September 15th.
- Only English papers will be considered. The length should be more than 5,000 but not above 10,000 words.
- Each submission should include the following information and items:
- Name of the contributor both in Chinese and in Romanized spelling, professional affiliation, current position, mailing address, office telephone numbers, cell phone number (if available), and e-mail address—all listed on a separate sheet.
- Two abstracts, in English and Chinese respectively, of about 500 words, along with a list of keywords (not exceeding six).
- The contributor should send the electronic files (preferably in DOC format) to the journal’s email accounts, firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Fiction and Drama will notify the contributor upon the receipt of the submission.
- Manuscripts should be prepared according to the format specified in the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. They should be double-spaced and typeset in 12-point Times New Roman.
- Manuscripts are accepted for review under the condition that the same work neither has been published nor is presently submitted for publication elsewhere. Violators of this editorial policy will no longer be welcomed to submit papers to our journal.
- We accept submissions that are revised from chapters of MA thesis or Ph.D. dissertation as well as translations of papers published in languages other than English elsewhere. However, the contributors should notify us of this situation when they submit their papers.
- The contributor’s name should not appear in any easily identifiable manner within the text of the paper (such as one’s surname on page header or “self”-revealing references to one’s own former publications, etc.); serious cases of the violation may cause the submission to be rejected by the editorial board outright.
- Three copies of the journal and ten off-prints of the paper will be given to the contributor on its publication. No other form of payment or reward is offered.
- Upon acceptance, the contributor is required to sign an agreement to have the paper stored in the digital database (www.ceps.com.tw) established by Airiti Co. Ltd., open to the public through paid internet access. According to the contract we have signed with Airiti, the contributor who refuses to sign the agreement may have his/her accepted submission withdrawn from publication.
Fiction and Drama does NOT charge any fees for paper submission, whether the paper is eventually published or not.
If you have any further questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com or call the editor, Dr. Min-tser Lin (林明泽), on 06-2757575 ext. 52248 or 06-2088605.
Department of Foreign Languages and Literature
National Cheng Kung University
Fiction and Drama
No. 1, University Road, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan, ROC
TEL:+886-6-2757575 ext. 52248
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com